Saturday 7 November 2009

Drivers...

Oh my god, what is it with drivers and speed limits?

We have 2 speed reactive signs on our road, put up by the council in a very well meaning attempt to slow people down.

See, we have a community centre and a school at the end of our road so you get kids everywhere at all times. It used to be a 40mph, then it got changed to a 30mph speed limit.

The problem after the change was that the signs were soooo far away from our road (and apparently this is the norm for a speed limit sign for our road being 0.5 miles away!?), that people still thought it was a 40mph.

So we get these speed signs up and for a while, they work. They were teamed with the local police force doing speed checks - some people got caught, and rightly so...but over the last few weeks, people have decided it's a bit of fun to go and make the sign go off!!

Can I remind people, the numbers on speed limit signs are NOT TARGETS, THEY ARE LIMITS!!!!!!! A 30 flashing you is not something to aspire to, it's something to stay UNDER. If you go OVER, you are BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a taxi overtake me whilst I've been coming into my road, at over 70mph. I find this wholly unacceptable, especially since he had passengers at the time!!!

Arggggh, drivers literally drive me mad!!!

Like in Tesco today - it makes me wonder how some people manage to blink AND breathe at the same time, they make life look so difficult. A woman parked in a space today, with 1 free space either side of her - she gets out, locks the doors and starts chatting to her husband, right in the way of one of the spaces, whilst someone is blatently trying to get in to park...the wonders of people...or not, as the case may now ultimately be!!

Oh, and don't get me going on people IN Tesco. In the way, dithering, wholly indecisive prats.

Anyway, more soon.

CovertConspiracy

No comments:

Post a Comment